Our Belgian DPA published on 23 November 2018 its first assessment since the GDPR became applicable on 25 May 2018.
What are the key figures?
Since 25 May 2018:
1. 317 data breaches have been reported (compared to 13 in 2017);
2. 3599 requests for information have been filed (compared to 2145 in 2017);
3. 148 complaints have been lodged (compared to 76 in 2017);
4. 137 advisory files have been introduced (compared to 44 in 2017);
5. 3540 DPO notifications have been registered.
What about the functioning of our DPA? Some of its members are still to be appointed.
Investigations have already started but no file has been transmitted to the Litigation Chamber (so far).
Fore more info: the assessment of the Belgian DPA is available in French or in Dutch.